Private Double Island Point Wildlife Adventure - Half Day Trip
Take the ultimate private National Park aquatic adventure to Sunshine Coast's hidden tropical paradise at Rainbow Beach's iconic Double Island Point. A tailored private epic day out with dolphin view sea kayaking, SUP and surfing options.
Take the ultimate private National Park aquatic adventure to Sunshine Coast's hidden tropical paradise at Rainbow Beach's iconic Double Island Point. This spectacular Marine Park is only accessed at low tide with our specilised 4X4 and due to it's remoteness is home to many local and migrating wildlife throughout the year. Spend a half day with family and friends and learn about one of the most diverse National Parks in the world with our fun local guides passionate about their roles in the conservation and sustainability of such an important wildlife refuge and Eco system. An amazing way to experience the Marine Park on a surf, stand up paddle and sea kayaking adventure.
Expect to see many of the local wildlife on your Private day tour adventure Bottlenose dolphins, Humpback whales (over 35000 to pass this season), turtles often seen feeding and resting in the clear shallows of the lagoons and ocean including the Green Sea turtle, Loggerhead and Hawksbill. Sting rays, manta rays and many different local and migrating bird species including the Brahminy and Whistling Kite, Eastern Osprey.
- Experience a unique private Marine Park aquatic adventure > 4X4 beach access only around low tide.
- Personal experienced local tour guide > Learn about history, flora & fauna of the area.
- Choose your aquatic activity’s for the day in the spectacular Marine Park > Surfing, Dolphin View Sea Kayaking, Stand Up Paddling.
- Immerse yourself in the area's iconic natural features including Rainbow Beach Coloured Sands, Honeymoon Bay & Fraser Island views.
- Lifetime experience > see Australian & migrating wildlife in their habitat, in the wild.
- Large pods of dolphins, whales
(35,000 passing each way this year on migration), turtles, rays,
migrating birds, soldier crabs in their thousands are all frequent.
- Beginner friendly equipment & location, no experience needed and an ideal family adventure environment.
- Tasty fresh picnic lunch at a stunning National Park scenic location. (we cater for all diets)
- Exclusive Double Island Point surfing, kayaking & stand up paddling aquatic operator.
Departure: Pick up from Rainbow Beach accommodation. Please allow 4-4.5 hours from pick up to drop off. Please be aware this unique private tour departures daily and times vary due to tide times to access Double Island Point along the beach.
Itinerary (Full day):
- Depart Rainbow Beach in private specialised 4X4 vehicle.
- Experience the thrill of the Great Beach Drive along Rainbow Beach with towering Coloured Sands and spectacular scenery.
- Arrive at the aquatic Marine Park paradise, Double Island Point.
- Breathtaking remote National Park beaches > an amazing sense of freedom.
- Spectacular headland buzzing with marine life in the wild.
- Enjoy the turquoise waters of Honeymoon Bay with the aquatic activity of your choice.
- See local Bottlenose dolphins feeding and playing up close in the Marine Park.
- Whales on migration resting or to check us out and put on a show. (July-Nov)
- Spot the different types of turtles and rays in the crystal clear waters in the protected Marine Park.
- Get a unique view of the Double Island Point Light house from the water.
- Feel the thrill of surfing on Australia's longest wave with waves for 100's of meters and for all abilities and ages.
- Tasty picnic lunch & refreshments whilst viewing the stunning back drop of Fraser Island and Rainbow Beach cliffs.
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive back to Rainbow Beach or if tides dont suit beach route return will be through the cool rainforest track known as Freshwater.
What's included: 4X4 Great Beach Drive experience, guided tour and/or instruction by local experienced guide, specilised equipment, Rainbow Beach Coloured Sands, picnic lunch & refreshments, National Park entry fees, pick up & drop off from accommodation.
What to bring: towel, change of clothes, sunscreen, water, snacks, camera
For full and up to date terms and conditions for a Wings - Whitsundays - 2 day 2night sailing tour visit https://wings.com.au/terms Whitsunday Hazards and Risk At certain times of the year dangerous marine creatures and jelly fish inhabit the waters of the Whitsundays. We recommend you take out travel insurance. Clients should note that adventure travel involves risk, whilst we make every effort to safeguard our guests, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to the actions of passengers out of our control. Passengers entering the water do so at their own risk. Liability Owners of, and the vessel or tour operators will not be liable for any personal injury, illness, death or any other consequence whatsoever of passengers being stung by poisonous jellyfish marine creatures. To minimise this risk we recommend that you wear a full length protective suit ‘wet suit’ whilst swimming & snorkelling during the cruise. Free waiver and assumption of risk: Accordingly, Wings Whitsunday Adventures(ABN:42123977382) and Recreation Travel(ABN:62082968867) shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any injury to person or property which is suffered or sustained by any passenger as a result of participating in any cruise or tour booked via "wings.com.au", except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.